Monday, August 3, 2009

This week has been nice. My cousin got here Wednesday night, we went to D.C. to stay at Sundi's house Saturday and Sunday. Sundi (I will never get used to Sandy) was not there because med school already started first year. Crazy. Sad bc I missed her. But XingXing was still not in college yet so it was fun getting to spend time with her.
It was great and I've really enjoyed getting to know my cousin better.
I miss Charlottesville sometimes but I like being here too. It's nice to have your parents fuss over you for short periods of time. I hope your first day went well Jenny! Excited for Lolla. I'm wrestling between taking my Blackbird Fly and the old Nikon N5005 that my parents used to use. I'm so bad at photography that I shouldn't even try. Most of the stuff I try to shoot comes out black. Completely underexposed. But I"m terribly stubborn. And indecisive. Which means I'll probably bring both.

Anyone seen the trailer for "Where the Wild Things Are" before Harry Potter? It's greattttttt. The montage was wonderful and a pretty perfect trailer overall. The song fit well and reminded me of Arcade Fire circa Funeral. It was really well done. I swear that I heard a collective sigh of content in the theater at the end of it.

I have to apologize for the link taken down for the mixtape. I got a warning over email from blogspot saying that they'd taken down my post about dan black. Which is annoying bc shouldn't they like just like request that you take it down and then... like you do it on your own initiative. And then if you don't they warn you and take it down themselves. It feels like they skipped a step. I wonder how legit music bloggers escape the DMCA. Like that's how I find a lot of my music, through blogs. And there's no way that every one of those blogs have rights to different companies,etc. It's confusing. If someone can enlighten me that'd be great. In the future I'll just compile all the songs into one track and post it as like a mixtape for real. More of a hassle for both ends but less legally ... messy. I won't post random signed artist tracks unless I know that its a certified remix/cover/whatever i guess. Youtube videos I guess are never illegal.
So here's one. It's adorable. I'm not the biggest fan of coldplay but this video is great.
'



EDIT: Ok so. I'm dumb. The song in the trailer is Arcade Fire. Its a special rendition of "Wake Up."

No comments:

Post a Comment